According to the Urban Dictionary stuck in a rut means remaining in the same negative situation in life.
Days, months or even years, it’s up to you to decide for how long you will let yourself remain stuck in this situation. Our life can’t be perfect all the time, we all have our ups and downs, some more than others. Well, being human means there is no such thing as a reset button which we can simply switch and get our life together in an instant. Thank goodness since we wouldn’t be able to overcome ourselves otherwise.
You can’t solve the problem unless you admit there is one.
First of all, you need to face up your life with honesty so as to find the cause of this negative situation you are into. Even though the feeling of being stuck in a rut is similar to all of us, the reason differentiates depending on the person or the situation.
Become the CEO of your own life.
Acknowledging the situation will lead you nowhere if you lack the willpower to change your life. Stop waiting for the right time because it won’t come. It took me long enough to realize that we are the ones who determine “the right time” in our lives. All you need is an insane moment of courage to break up the boundaries that hold you in place. To put it simply, be the change you are looking for.
No need to turn your life upside down.
A common mistake we all do is that we try to transform our lives in a day. Think about it, it’s impossible to wake up the next day and be a totally different person than you used to be the day before. Learn to take it slowly. Try to incorporate some simple new habits in your daily routine day by day and not all at once. Don’t be so hard with yourself from the very beginning since you are just trying to find out what works for you and what doesn’t.
10 NEW HABITS YOU NEED TO ESTABLISH IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE.
- Start your day listening to your favorite song and a little bit of dancing.
- Wake up at least half an hour earlier than you have to.
- Create a morning ritual.
- Incorporate gratitude into your life. Think of or write down one thing you are grateful for in the morning and one before you go to bed.
- Stand in front of the mirror and say one thing you love about yourself, and I don’t mean just about your appearance, you are beautiful inside and out.
- Stay ahead of your day by writing down a to-do list the night before.
- Set yearly, monthly, weekly and daily goals so as to constantly challenge yourself.
- Declutter your digital and personal space once a month.
- Read a motivational quote every single day.
- On the bad days, be a little kinder to yourself.
Thanks for reading. Let me know your thoughts and your tips in the comments down below. See ya next Monday with a new blog post so stay tuned. xoxo ♡
Lots of love, Vaso